Sunday, July 29, 2018

My Trip Advisor Review for the Denny's attached to the Quality Inn in Ardmore Texas

If you enjoy traveling and are looking for a surreal experience, the Denny's in Ardmore is the place to start.  First, the room at the Quality Inn was like traveling back in time to the 1960's.  I would have thought I had except that the smell of mold was so great. The creepy room though was totally compensated by my experience at the attached Denny's.  The food was just OK, but the service from three waitresses was an experience to be remembered. (You get a free breakfast coupon with the room.)

The first waitress I had was supernaturally sexy and spooky at the same time.  I ordered my supper and while I was eating she came up behind me and asked in the most sultry voice imaginable: "Would you like some more coffee, my little cupcake?" Startled, I looked up quickly, but she looked bored and raised her eyebrows and said "well?". Flustered I said I was fine.  I went back to eating but she snuck up on me again and asked in a tone that would melt ice: "Is everything OK, my sweet cherry pie? Startled, I rapidly raised my head to observe  the uninterested waitress looking at her phone.  Nervously, I finished my meal, but again she startled me by asking "Would you like some desert, my darling honey bunch? I stuttered that I was fine and and backed away from the uninterested waitress towards the cash register.

At the cash register was a small and overly excited blonde young woman.  She seemed unusually happy and asked how I was in a super cheery voice. At ten PM in the evening after driving 12 hours, I said I was tired but enjoyed the meal and would be back for breakfast.  She then told me that she was hoping that she might see me in the morning.  She said that if they got a few more customers her boss might let her work all night and the next morning also. I have met a few enthusiastic workers in my life, but I have never met a waitress who was hoping she could work extra all night and then into the next day. Disoriented, I returned to my room for a fitful rest.

The next morning I awoke and returned to the restaurant to use my free coupon for breakfast.   I had stayed at that same Quality Inn about ten to fifteen years earlier and I was marveling at how the room seemed identical except for the overpowering smell of mold. The food was OK and the service was excellent at the Denny's restaurant.  As I payed my check the waitress asked me: How are you I haven't seen you in awhile?" I turned white and looked into the watery eyes of the elderly waitress. I must have looked rattled because she continued: "Its just that it has been so long, I was hoping everything was OK?" I ran to my truck and quickly drove away...

No comments:

Post a Comment