Friday, March 11, 2011

My Response to the Call for a No-Fly-Zone over Libya

My personanal opinion is that many of the people calling for a no-fly-zone do not necessarily have the best interest of the Libyans or the American public at heart. Especially some of the more conservative members of the US Congress. Below is the e-mail that I sent to the United Nations Security Council.

Dear United Nations Security Council:
Please exercise caution in calling for a no fly zone. My understanding of the no-fly-zone is that you would bomb airports and shoot down planes and helicopters. This would only lead to more people dying and doesn't exactly foster any sort of good will. Pilots and people at airstrips have families.

I lived in Liybia and was recently evacuated. From what I understand most Libyans don't want or like the present violence. Your actions would only lead to more chaos and more loss of life.

Use your good sense before initiating any sort of military action. Most of the people calling for the no fly zone either have their own self interest or are reacting to an over-sensationalization of a very sad situation.
Sincerely,
Michael E. Baldwin

No comments:

Post a Comment